Here are some sensory and fine motor activities for Valentine's Day!
Here are some sensory and fine motor activities that could be great for Valentine's Day
1. Heart-shaped sensory bin: Fill a sensory bin or large container with red or pink rice, foam hearts, or Valentine's Day themed objects for kids to explore with their senses.
2. Valentine's Day sensory bottles: Create sensory bottles with red and pink glitter, confetti, and heart-shaped objects for kids to shake and watch.
3. Sensory heart hunt: Hide heart-shaped objects around a room or outdoor space for kids to search for and find.
4. Valentine's Day sensory bags: Fill zip-lock bags with Valentine's Day themed objects like foam hearts, pom-poms, and beads for kids to squish and manipulate.
Fine Motor Activities:
1. Valentine's Day playdough: Make red or pink playdough and provide heart-shaped cookie cutters and other small tools for kids to work on their fine motor skills.
2. Bead threading: Provide beads in various shades of pink and red for kids to thread onto pipe cleaners or string to create bracelets or necklaces.
3. Valentine's Day card making: Encourage kids to make their own Valentine's Day cards for friends and family, providing scissors, glue, and other materials for them to work on their fine motor skills.
4. Heart-shaped paper cutting: Provide heart-shaped paper templates and scissors for kids to practice cutting along the lines and creating Valentine's Day decorations.
5. Cupcake decorating: Allow kids to decorate cupcakes with red and pink frosting, sprinkles, and other decorations, working on their fine motor skills as they pipe and sprinkle the toppings onto the cupcakes.
These activities can provide great opportunities for children to have fun, while also working on important sensory and fine motor skills.
Now hiring Occupational Therapists. We would LOVE for you to join our team!
Click the link below to apply!